Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys Elite > Ask Yourself Realistically. Are All the ...
Ask Yourself Realistically. Are All the Software Optimizing Updates really going to Benefit Me?

39 Views 0 Replies Create Time: 2024-09-10 22:26:26

•   Level 5   
    (391) points
    witsend
    2024-09-10 22:26:26
     I look at all the updates that says Optimizes Software without adding specific vehicle models or special functions listed, or without any good description of what it resolves with skepticism. There is constant legal pressure on Autel by OE manufacturers to either remove or license the software it created that Autel and other scanner manufacturers might mimic too closely for there liking,so cease and desist rules that that software has to be removed or changed to something less like the OE software. By the time this happens, the vehicles are the older vehicles out of warranty over 3 years old you are most likely working on that Autel may have to create software work arounds that can work, or pay licensing fees, or disable a contested functionality of software due to legal challenges. Correct me if you think I'm wrong.
  Total1 Pages